The Friday before Halloween, we went to a Halloween party at the library. We all dressed up.
Delight was a princess (in Praise's dress). 
Praise was an angel princess (but without wings or halo).
True was a Vietnamese man (in pajamas).
Zeal was an army man (in camoflauge).
I was an islander (in my authentic puletasi, lei, and jewelry).
At the library party, True and I were among the few adults dressed up. The next night, we went to the ward trunk or treat, but True and I did not dress up. When I saw actual Samoans from our ward and the other ward, I was sad I wasn't wearing my puletasi so that I could say, "Look, I'm Samoan too!" :)
P.S. Yes, our couch is pink. True bought an IKEA cover for $9.00. He said, "Who cares if it's pink?! You couldn't buy the fabric for $9.00! You couldn't even cover the couch with nine $1 bills!"
The girls were thrilled.
the puletasi looks great.
ReplyDeletetrue bought the pink cover? that's really pink. what will zeal think?
nine bucks is a great deal for a couch cover-- if you don't want it to be pink, you can buy a bottle of Rit dye (for just a couple bucks) and make it any color you want!
ReplyDeleteI wore my puletasi, too! I'll have to find some photo evidence.
ReplyDeletehow does everyone around here have pulatasis but me? and i'm the only one who's actualy been to samoa!
ReplyDeleteokay...i do recall melinda asking me if i wanted one made while i was there but i said no, probably the only time i'll wear it is halloween. haha