Well as many of you know, my BFF Natalie got married today. Yesterday I got to be there as she went through the temple and it really was such a sweet experience. I just couldn't believe that we both made it and we both got to share in the wonderful experiences of the temple.
Needless to say I was a little emotional.
I spent the night at her house for one final hurrah of roommatehood. We got to bed probably the earliest that we'd ever gotten to bed in three years of college: midnight.
Early this morning we woke up and I got to work constructing the perfect wedding hair-do. (For some reason she asked me to do her hair. I am by no means a hair do-er. So this showed a lot of faith in me. And I showed a lot of faith by praying everyday that it would turn out okay.)
It turned out beautiful. The ceremony in the temple was so wonderful and I cried once again as I saw my life long friend make covenants that bring eternal life. It was just a wonderful day.
And to top it all off, I caught the bouquet! Look out world, I'm next. :)
what a nice weekend, rachel. i'm glad natalie and you got to be in the temple together for that. i remember going to rozalyn's wedding and feeling emotional, like she was done with me. but i also felt like, "good luck with the marriage thing. better you than me." it wasn't my time for marriage. obviously. then i went on a mission and then it WAS my time.
ReplyDeletebut anyway, i'm glad you are making such good choices. love you
Rachel,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing about your spiritual weekend. You are so mature and spiritual! And now we would like to see some photos of the perfect wedding hair-do!
Katie