Thursday, August 26, 2010

Question of the week

Is it OK to take leftovers to a potluck dinner?

Here people also call them "pitch-in" dinners, by the way.

So, I made something last week out of pork, carrots, parsnips,
couscous, etc. I followed a real recipe for this, but my kids didn't
like it, and I wasn't crazy about it either. The parsnips were
undercooked, but even if I cooked them to death, would it really help?
So, I hid--I mean "preserved"--the leftovers in the freezer to be
finished at a later time, when I'm feeling brave enough to try eating
it again. I don't want to throw it away; the pork was pricey.

Well, it just so happens that tomorrow night is the annual party when
the three family wards and one singles' branch in Bloomington have a
"pitch-in" picnic at the park and then go to the pool. So, this is
bigger than your usual potluck. Hence, no one has to know that I
brought it!

After the question "Is it ethical/moral/honest to bring leftovers?"
comes the question "Should I add cheese, corn, tomato sauce, or all of
the above?"

Marcie

No comments:

Post a Comment