MY RED BEDROOM MINI TREE
I got this tree right after Halloween at Michael's for $20 with a coupon! It's sitting on a high-function, low-form shelf (it's super ugly, even for utility shelving). So it's draped with some curtains I got at an estate sale for $2 each.
The theme for decorating is red... like love. The oblong ornaments I got on sale and I made the rest!
These are wood picture frames you can get for $1. I painted one side red and one side copper.
These are bells and small balls that I hung on twine.
These are the leftover balls in a milk bottle I got at a garage sale.
These are the ill-fated ornaments I was trying to make. I found some woven brocade pillow shams at DI and tried to Mod-Podge them onto some 3x3 wood chips. It completely soaked through and looked horrible. This is attempt #2. I used a thin layer of silicone based adhesive because I thought a non-waterbased glue would soak in less. I was correct, but I still had some dark soaked spots like on the top right one. I don't think I'll keep them. Frustrating.
No comments:
Post a Comment