Well it's been QUITE an eventful few days for my dental life. And believe me, as dental lives go, mine has already seen some action.
Boring backstory:
I'm getting some new fake teeth. It's something I do every 6 or 7 years. Last Thursday I went to the dentist, he numbed me, popped out my current teeth--the porcelain ones that is, took some impressions (and let's just say I made a good impression...you're welcome), lasered my gums, then put my teef in as 'temporaries'. In two weeks I'll go back and get new fake ones that hopefully look like real ones.
To keep you all feeling like you're a part of the action, I've taken some pictures and videos. I'd like to think my posterity will thank me someday for this personal history. But so help me, if these pictures show up 30 years from now as one of my kids' "Happy Mother's Day" facebook posts.....they are going to get it.
Before. Perhaps this looks familiar? That's because it's what I always looks like.
I asked the nurse...."could you do me a favor and take my picture when you take my teeth out?"
Perhaps this looks familiar? That's because it's from your most unpleasant dreams.
Then they sent me home.
WELL. Not three days later, MY TOOTH CAME OUT! You know that nightmare where your teeth come out? My tooth came out! I knew it was coming, I could just feel it. I'd been eating soft things and chewing with my back teeth for days...which can I just say how not filling a mush diet is?....But alas, the bloomin' tooth still came out.
My initial reactions were crying and laughing. I was laughing because it was to be expected but crying because suddenly I looked like I should work at the Waffle House.
So first this was sad. Then this was embarrassing. Then this was hilarious.
The moral of the story is...sometimes the Lord blesses you with nice things like a good job, a nice family, and blue eyes. Then sometimes he humbles you with weird things, like teeth that never were there, adult cradle cap, and a love life resembling Cast Away. But you know what? It all makes for some fun blog posts.
No comments:
Post a Comment