Saturday, June 15, 2013

Accidents

Sometimes I accidentally do things that turn out awful. And more times than not, I'm completely aware that they are awful.

One accidental awful was this hair cut.

Before. See how I'm smiling? It's because my hair is long.

After. I'll let the picture say the thousand words I can't quite express.

How could a haircut be an accident, you ask? Well I held up my fingers to show what "just an inch and a half" would look like. But I suppose to the cranky Asian (crasian) with the hair knife it looked more like seven to eight inches. Guess I should have specified if we were talking metrics, yen, or chopsticks or whatever they use to measure. 

Well this resilient young woman learned to cope, learned to not cry about it, and learned that hair in samoa is not what hair in america looks like.

So today, I did my hair. And guess what. It doesn't look bad. Who knew that would happen? So in the end, that awful accident turned out to be okay.


....unlike this accident which I accidentally purchased at DI and might accidentally wear in public. It's got pockets! How could I pass it up?!

Yes, those are lips. Yes, I will wear it with a thick, black belt, some heels, and a cardigan.
Yes, I know why I'm still single.


3 comments:

  1. your hair looks so good!! see??? that's how asian people do their hair. that's what the lady had in mind. it looks healthy and gorgeous. are those feather earrings from here? what will my hair look like in america?! more boyish...:( ? only time and paulmitchell will tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like Kelly Kapowski from Saved by the Bell in the first picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have awful 90s hair the entire trip. so that makes sense.

      Delete