Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Jan's New Things

Sadly, I don't have any of the pictures from Mark's wedding yet. But I do have photos of the new things in my life.



We sold our 1997 Chevy Lumina back in April. The nice lady (who really wanted a Lumina) gave us our very fair asking price. And we bought a 2009 Kia Sedona that has 3 years left on it's warranty! We told Edward it was a Kia Sedona and he said, "We drive in the Quesadilla!" That's the name that stuck.



We also hung some new . . . artwork? Fauna? Friends? That seems weird; we don't normally hang our friends on the wall. My mother-in-law refers to them as Dirty Dead Things. I'm not sure ours are that dirty.


This is a mountain goat Evan shot before we were married.


This is the bear that Evan shot last year. Edward is there for scale and is wearing a blue ribbon that says "I am Unique!" Let me point out that the bear is in my bedroom facing the door to the hallway. This means that as I come into the room, I get a face full of bear teeth. He's protecting the light switch.


And I got a haircut! I love it and I let Edward take pictures of me.



Evan and I also went down to Oklahoma City last week to find a place to live for the next three years.


View Larger Map

That's it! It's a cute little 3 bedroom house with holly bushes out front. Our landlord is super nice and it comes with a fridge. What more could you want? So many blessings!

3 comments:

  1. wow, that's a lot! i'm happy about your quesadilla, hopefully it will serve you for many years. i'm a little alarmed about your bedroom decor. i assume you're taking the dirty dead things with you to oklahoma?
    and your house looks very nice.
    oh, love the haircut. what happened to all that hair you had? it was so long! what prompted the change?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been itching for new hair for a while... I've had the same hairstyle since before I got married. So I told the lady to go for it and lop it off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool jan! i'm excited for your new house!

    ReplyDelete