Dear Family,
We had such a great time in Utah seeing Grandma and Grandpa Fillmore, Katie, Ken, Abbie, Garren, Connor, Roxanna, Tanner and Becca Craig, Rachel and Oldungar Fillmore, and Jan, Edward and Fredrick Allen! We miss you all a whole lot (Annmarie cried for 3 days--I'm not lying--and sleeps with a blanket that smells like Grandma's house)!
We wish we lived closer to everyone, but this is where we're supposed to be right now. We do love Virginia--aside from its geography--and wish more visitors would grace our threshold.
This is a photo from our favorite temple taken on Saturday evening. Jason and Annmarie had just done baptisms for dead Hungarian folks with the youth of our branch. We met them when they were done; our friends the Fields (whom some of you have met) came with us. We enjoyed the thousands of lights outside, 100 or so creches inside, and then had our traditional donuts and hot chocolate tailgating-style in the parking lot.
We went to a Messiah sing-a-long on Sunday evening performed by our stake. It reminded me of my childhood when the Reading Ward performed the Messiah. I'm so blessed that I was raised in that unique ward; it's such a part of who I am. I'm also glad you all are my family.
As some of you prepare to depart for foreign lands and future homesteads, know we're thinking of you and praying for your safe return. (Dad, seriously, where's the will and who's the executor?)
Love to all!
--The Browns
thanks shell. i cry because i'm not there at grandma's house, too. but we do love american samoa. and wish for more visitors. or cheaper flights.
ReplyDelete